Monday, January 5, 2009

A Celibate way of loving


Lust can easily masquerade behind the face of love. This is no way for the celibate, who must have first walked the ways of discipline and unselfishness. The Christian celibate must have come to know Jesus and given him/herself into his hands before ever ever he may enter fully the heart of another human being.

A certain person who spoke to some of us about the way of The Way of the Divine Humanity as it had been revealed to her by the Lord, wrote as follows: “Love before my face and my face shall not be turned away from you. In loving, do not turn away from me. I am the source of love. Enjoy me.”

The full text of this message has been in private circulation for over twenty years. In 2005 it was published by The Columba Press, 55A Spruce Avenue, Stillorgan Industrial Park, Blackrock, Co. Dublin, Ireland. ISBN 1 85607 504 4 , under the title: A Celibate Way of Loving--Letters to the Beloved by Gabriel Harty, OP.

No comments: